Golf in Portugal...
When it comes to golfing, Portugal has always been a favourite amongst Northern European golfers. With its excellent climate and a big concentration of golf courses in the popular Algarve, it’s not hard to understand why Portugal is so popular.
There are 72 golf clubs in Portugal and nearly three quarters of them are located in the Algarve and Lisbon areas. Needless to say, most golf enthusiasts visit those areas. Nonetheless, some of the clubs outside those areas are also worth your while.
The pleasant climate, vibrant coastal villages and the high quality of golf courses, make Portugal one of the best golf destinations worldwide.
Take a look at my 10 best pick...
1. Monte Rei Golf & Country Club in the Algarve has a beautiful 18 hole golf course designed by Jack Nicklaus. It is created around spectacular views of the Serra do Caldeirão Mountains to the north and the Atlantic Ocean to the south.
2. West Cliffs will mesmerize and challenge you to tame nature’s elements, relax and enjoy a different experience. First Dye Design in Portugal at Praia D’el Rey.
3. The Faldo Course is designed by Sir Nick Faldo with strategic play in mind and is located in Alcantarilha - Algarve
4. Troia Golf is located in Grândola - Setúbal. With magnificent views of the Arrábida Mountain this golf course gives you the perfect golf experience in Portugal.
5. Royal Óbidos Spa & Golf Resort is superbly located in a region blessed with UNESCO World Heritage sites, national monuments, and an Atlantic coastal area.
6. Quinta do Lago is an exclusive golf and residential estate nestling in nearly 2.000 acres of countryside and pine forests bordering the Atlantic Ocean and the Ria Formosa Natural Park, in Algarve.
7. The Royal & Ocean Golf Courses at Vale do Lobo in the Algarve provides 36 holes of challenging golf available to play throughout the year. The two courses were designed by the late golfing legend, Sir Henry Cotton and redeveloped by American Architect Rocky Roquemore.
8. The Championship golf course Oitavos Dunes Natural Links Golf in Cascais was designed by Arthur Hills and has Scottish like playing conditions. “Oitavos Dunes” setting is dramatic and elevated tees provide magnificent views of the Sintra Mountains, the Atlantic Ocean and Cabo da Roca.
9. Victoria Golf Course - Dom Pedro Golf in Vilamoura - Algarve was hailed as the most ambitious golf project Portugal had ever witnessed, designed by true golfing legend Arnold Palmer, it has served as the host venue to the Portugal Masters on every occasion since 2007, while the World Cup Championship was staged there in 2005.
10. The Estela Golf course in Póvoa do Varzim is a true links course, located in a magnificent area with a climate cooled by the Atlantic breeze in summer and warmed by the Golf stream in winter, unlike the south of Portugal, where the summer can bring extremely high temperatures.
#portugalrealestate #movingtoportugal #livinginportugal #retiringinportugal #holidayinportugal #lifestyleinportugal #investinginportugal #luxuryrealestate #realestateinvestmentsportugal #internationalrealestate
#buyersagentportugal #goldenvisa #golfinportugal #portugalgolf