Golden Visa Portugal (or Visa Gold Portugal) is the most attractive citizenship by investment or residence by investment program in Europe.
ARI - Residence Permit for Investment Activity:
Officially called the ARI (Autorização de Residência para Atividade de Investimento), the Golden Visa, or Gold Visa, is today Europe's most successful investment residency program.
One of the main advantages of Golden Visa in Portugal is that its requirement for length of stay in the Lusitano country is very low.
It is necessary to spend only 7 days on average over the 5 year period.
After 5 years with ARI, the program offers a path to citizenship and the Portuguese passport.
Because of this, it is considered the treasure at the end of the rainbow for people who want to enjoy the benefits of living in European Citizenship, even without living there permanently.
Main benefits of Golden Visa Portugal:
* Freedom to live in Portugal
* Free pass to travel in Europe despite the limitations of the new ETIAS (European Travel Information and Authorization System), which comes into force in 2022 (from then on, Americans wishing to travel in Europe will need an authorization)
* After five years, the holder of the ARI (Gold Visa) can apply for Portuguese citizenship
* Dependent children and parents also qualify for the same benefits
* Need to spend only 7 days a year in Portugal
* Tax regime for non-habitual resident of Portugal with tax benefits
* Variety of investment options for asset diversification
* Security of a second residence in a safe and stable country
* Window of opportunities for the applicant and his family.
Access to the Schengen area and the Portuguese passport;
When you have your Portuguese Gold Visa authorization in hand, you will be registered in the central Schengen Treaty Area system.
Currently, an American can visit the countries of the European Union freely as a tourist for up to 90 days.
However, the European Parliament approved the new ETIAS, a law that requires authorization to travel to the countries that make up the treaty and will enter into force in 2022.
With the Portuguese passport, you will have free access in all European countries, without the need for an additional visa.
Currently, 26 countries are part of the Schengen Agreement.
There are countries that are part of the European Union, but that are not in the treaty.
Permanent residence in Portugal and Portuguese citizenship after 5 years:
After five years, you and your family can apply for permanent residence and Portuguese citizenship, with the right to a Portuguese passport.
It is a high-level travel document that allows free transit (without a visa) through 182 countries. Because of this, it is considered one of the strongest passports in the world.
In addition, with the Portuguese passport, you and your immediate family will be able to enjoy all the benefits of a European citizen such as living, working and studying in any country on the continent for a lifetime.
#portugalrealestate #movingtoportugal #livinginportugal #retiringinportugal #holidayinportugal #lifestyleinportugal #investinginportugal #luxuryrealestate #realestateinvestmentsportugal #internationalrealestate